Richmond Society of Women Engineers Scholarship
The Richmond section of the Society of Women Engineers is pleased to announce our 2018 scholarship. The SWE Richmond scholarship is a $1000, one-time award, open to women entering the field of engineering or computer science. The eligibility requirements for applicants are as follows.
· Be a woman in the Richmond area entering her first year of college/university. Applicants must live or attend high school in one of the following municipalities:
o Cities: Richmond, Colonial Heights, Hopewell and Petersburg
o Counties: Charles City, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, New Kent, Powhatan, and Prince George
· Attend an ABET-accredited school to receive a bachelor’s degree.
· Major in engineering or computer science. Engineering technology programs are not eligible.
· Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident.
· If selected as a scholarship recipient, be able to provide proof of enrollment.
The application is available on our section’s website http://www.swe-rva.org/scholarship. The completed application components must be submitted in pdf format and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 1, 2018.
Our scholarship was established in 1989 by Dominion Virginia Power and endowed with the SWE Board of Trustees in 2016 with additional corporate and SWE member contributions. The members of SWE are committed to the mission of encouraging engineering as a career choice for young women.